Duke is rolling with back-to-back decent wins. On November 27th at a neutral site, the Blue Devils waxed the Ducks, 98-71.
Kyle Singler put on a clinic for the Ducks with 30 points in 35 minutes, 15 of that coming from three point range. Mason Plumlee contributed 12 huge rebounds.
Duke beat Oregon by winning big in shooting and defensive rebounding.
Shooting 53% from the floor, the Blue Devils easily outpaced the Ducks who struggled with 33%. Duke used their advantage on the boards to generate more possessions with a total of 39 defensive rebounds to their 21.
Duke played well in this win over Oregon. The Blue Devils are now 6-0 in the early going.
The next game on the schedule is Michigan State at home on December 1st.
- Kyle Singler has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This season Duke has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Nolan Smith plays 30 minutes or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Kyle Singler has 5 rebounds or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Andre Dawkins has 4 field goals made or more.
- Duke has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.7% three point percentage.
- Nolan Smith has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Singler accounted for 30.6% of the team's points.
Oregon Game Notes:
- Oregon lost AND did not cover the spread.
- E.J. Singler has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Joevan Catron has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 3 times in 6 games this season.
- The top two scorers (Joevan Catron and E.J. Singler) accounted for 45.0% of the points.
- Joevan Catron set a career high with 4 steals.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Kyle Singler
, Mason Plumlee